Thursday 4 February 2016

A Trust Fund or A Fund of Trust?

2Cor. 3:4 - And such trust have we through Christ toward God


o   Trust is the life-blood of all relationships. Every relationship we have is built or destroyed on whether or not we can trust one another. I don’t trust things, I trust people. If I trust this chair to hold me up, I really do not trust the chair but, the people who made it. If I trust my car to get me to work, again, I am not actually trusting the car but, the people I bought it from. Without trust there is complete uncertainty and insecurity. Trust is something we can have. If I have something then it is in my hands, I hold it and it is at my disposal. I have trust at my disposal; I can use it at will. If I have trust then I must be the steward of trust, it is in my hands but I am responsible to use it appropriately. Even though it is under my choice, that trust is through Christ. I don’t have trust just because I qualify more than the next person, no, I have trust through Christ. Through is the channel word, it describes the avenue by which something is brought to me. Trust is transported and delivered to me through the vehicle of Christ. Without Christ I could not have this trust. He is the Anointed One, the Savior-King and He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but through the channel of the person of Christ. He created the road for our trust to reach God. This trust that we have is like the built-in DNA of a Pacific Salmon drawn and compelled back to its spawning source, back to its origins. Trust is given to us through our relationship with Jesus and it draws us back to the Father. The purpose of our trust is not simply to accomplish more for God, important as that may be, the purpose of this gift of trust is to bring us face to face with the Father. He is our origin. He is the Father of spirits and our trust pulls us onward and upward until at last we are in His arms. He is so very trustworthy. He is worthy of our trust. You can trust Him right now, no matter what you may be facing, place your trust in God. Trust Him in the dark. Trust Him in the light. Trust Him in the hard times. Trust Him in the good times. You, through Christ, can trust in the absolute certainty of God, our Father. To trust is to entrust yourself and your life and all that is so dear to you into the hands of God. Let go of the uncertain and unreliable things of this life and grab hold of the trust that has been given to you. Wrap the rope of trust around you, entrust yourself to its strength and let God pull you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment